Your privacy and the security of your personal information are extremely important to us at destinationvitamins.com. We treat your personal information as if it were our own. This privacy statement describes how we use the personal information that you provide to us and that we collect when you visit our website.
What personal information do we collect?
- Information that you provide to us when registering on our site, placing an order, subscribing to our newsletter, or participating in other site features. This includes your name, phone number, mailing address, email address, billing address, and credit card number. It also includes unique Identifiers associated with your account such as your user name, account number and password.
- Information that you provide when corresponding with us by any means.
- As is true of most retailers, we automatically gather information that your browser sends such as your IP address, browser type and operating system.
How we use the information we collect:
- To process and communicate with you about your order
- To respond to customer service inquiries
- To improve our website in order to better serve you
- To send you requested product information
- To send your our newsletter
- Information you provide us for specific offers or services is only used for the limited purpose that information is given. Examples of these offers or services include Refer-A-Friend and Email a Friend.
Cookies and third parties:
We use trusted third party providers to perform certain services on our behalf, including: shipping, payment processing, web hosting, web analytics, emailing, etc. These service providers only receive personal information if it is needed to perform their service. They are not authorized to use any personal information for any other purpose(s) other than the purpose(s) set forth by us.
We never sell or rent your personal information to anyone.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Site includes links to other Web sites. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We advise you to carefully read the privacy statement of every web site that you visit.
When placing an order or sending any personal information to us, we encrypt that information using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. You will notice that the padlock icon in the browser is locked and that the address in your browser is https indicating that you are on our secure server.
We also safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, through access control procedures, network firewalls and other security measures. While we take strong measures to protect your personal information, no transmission of data over the internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your privacy and personal information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information transmitted or disclosed to us online.
Modifying Your Information
If you are a registered customer, you may log into your account and view or modify the account information on file, including personal information and account settings.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or is needed to provide the services that you requested. For your protection, we do not store your credit card information online. If you would like for us to remove your information from our database or to not receive future communications, contact Customer Service.
If you would like to opt out of our newsletter, you can use the unsubscribe link in the newsletter email. You can also opt-out by emailing Customer Service.